Welcome friend, please stay a while and have a browse at the articles on my blog. If you feel inclined to add a word or two yourself, your feedback is much appreciated. In case you’re wondering about the name of this blog, @Beaglesays, it’s named after my Twitter handle (which was inspired by my beagles and their personality)
Beagles are smart, good natured and happy dogs but they are inherently stubborn and can be mischievous. They are extremely social and enjoy interacting with others.
A miniature Foxhound, solid and big for his inches, with the wear-and-tear look of the hound that can last in the chase and follow his quarry to the death.
I have been a professional tester since 2001. Since 2010 I have been strongly influenced by Context Driven Testing principles and practices.
- strong experience in waterfall and agile methodologies
- testing experience across multiple domains with a deep understanding of finance.
- held Test Lead and Test Manager roles, handling teams of up to eight direct reports and achieving excellent results.
- experience working with, and leading, both co-located and globally distributed teams.
- led successful process and policy definition programs coupled with roll outs in Melbourne and Bangkok offices
- significant waterfall to agile transformation experience
- extensive experience leading, implementing, executing and improving quality based audit programs that work with people to encourage continuous improvement and high quality software deliveries to clients
- worked extensively with a wide range of stakeholders. This includes reviews of client test programs and recommendations for improvement
- teaching, mentoring and coaching skills which allow me to work with people to improve their performance and knowledge
A fuller version of my professional history can be found on my Professional History page